This deed of Trust is made on 23rd Day of January 2015 for the establishment of trust solely for Religious purposes without any profit motive by Srimathi. C. Periyathai, W/O. Mr. S. Kalipandianresiding at No:1/77A/1 North Street, Madathupattai, North Achampatti Post, Devarkulam Vali, Sankarankovil Taluk, Tirunelveli District – 627951. She herself and in the status of Hereditary SHRI MAHALAKSHMI SAMETHA SHRI MAHA VISHNU THIRUKKOIL at Ayilpatti-Araichapatti Main Road, Maha Vishnu Nagar, Ramasamiyapuram under Keela neelithanallur village panjayath at sankarankovil taluk, Tirunelveli District in Tamilnadu, India, hereinafter called as SETTLOR, FOUNDER AND AUTHOR OF THE TRUST as well as Managing Trustee of the Trust.
In order to Cherish the Desire of the Founder, Author and Settlor Srimathi. C. Periyathai hereby set Apart irrevocably a Corpus Fund of Rs.1,000/- Hereinafter Referred to as the Trust Fund.
The Author Srimathi. C. Periyathai having been motivated by pious wishes and to provide religious service through SHRI MAHALAKSHMI SAMETHA SHRI MAHA VISHNU THIRUKKOIL at Ayalpatti-Araichapatty Main Road, Maha Vishnu Nagar, Ramasamiyapuram under keela neelithanallur village panchayath at Sankarankovil taluk, Tirunelveli District in Tamilnadu, India, and religious activities as objects to be implemented in due course. The Authors hereby constitutes herself and appoints Five others as trustees subject to the terms and provisions herein set forth.
The board of trustees is constituted with the following trustees:
- Srimathi. C. Periyathai, W/O Mr. Kalipandian aged about 35 residing at No. 1/77A/1 North Street, Madathupatti, North Achampatty post, Devarkulam Vali, Sankaran kovil Taluk, Tirunelveli District – 627951. Hereinafter called as Settlor, Founder and Author of the Trust as well as Managing Trustee of the Trust.
- Sri. Narayanan, S/O Mr. Ramasamythever aged about 35 residing at No : 435, Araichipatti, Sayamalai Part – 2, Panavadalichattram Post, SankaranKovil Taluk, Tirunelveli – 627955. Hereinafter called as one of the Trustees of the Trust.
- Sri. Krishnasamy, S/O Mr. Kochiramathever, aged about 35 residing at No : 4/533, Araichipatti, Sayamalai Part – 2, Panavadalichattram Post, Sankarankovil Taluk, Tirunelveli District – 627955. Hereinafter called as one of the Trustees of the Trust.
- Sri. Periyaraja, S/O Mr. Shanmugaiah Thever, aged about 32, residing at No : 61, Araichipatti, Sayamalai Part – 2, Panavadalichattram Post, Sankarankovil Taluk, Tirunelveli District – 627955. Hereinafter called as one of the Trustees of the Trust.
- sri. senthilkumar, s/o Mr. chelladurai, aged about 29, residingat No: 4/177, North Street, Arachipatti, Panavadalai Chathiram Post, Sankarankovil Taluk, Tirunelveli District 627953. Hereinafter called as one of the Trustees of the Trust.
- sri. S.Muthuraj, S/o Mr. Subbiahthever, sged about 36, rediding at No: 8-18/14, Ayalpatti, Keelaneelithanallur, Sankarankovil Taluk, Tirunelveli District 627953. Hereinafter called as one of the Trustees of the Trust
The trustees acknowledge the trust money hereby set apart, granted, conveyed, transferred, and assigned unto for the object contemplated by the founders of the trust and to have and hold the same in trust hereinafter declared.
The authors put forth the following criteria as primary covenant for the execution of the trust.
A. The trust is irrevocable and will continue in perpetuity.
B. The activities of the trust and its object will be confined to india.
C. There will beno profit motive, whatsoever and all its activities would be prompted solely by service motive.
D. The trust will not embark on any business activity.
E. There should not be any benefit directly or indirectly to the settler, trustees, committee members or the families or relatives of the settler trustees or committee member or any concern in which any of these persons are interested.
Now this deed of trust witnesses as follows:
1. Name of the Trust:
The trust shall be known as “SHRI. MAHALAKSHMI SAMETHA SHRI. MAHA VISHNU THIRUKKOIL HINDU RELIGIOUS TRUST”
2.REGISTERED OFFICE: (Rental Building)
The registered office of the trust is in rented building at Door No: 7/173, Ayalpatty-Araichipatty Main road, Maha Vishnu nagar Ramasamiyapuram under keela neeleithanallur village panjayath at sankarankovil taluk, Tirunelveli District in Tamilnadu,India(or)Board may shift or change the Registered office to any other Place as deem fit.
3. OBJECT CLAUSE:
- To Conduct the religious functions at SHRI MAHALAKSHMI SAMETHA SHRI MAHA VISHNU THIRUKKOIL, at Ayalpatty-Araichipatty Main road, Maha vishnu nagar Ramasamiyapuram under keela neeleithanallur village panjayath at sankarankovil taluk, Tirunelveli District in Tamilnadu.
- To Create new Pooja and Festival Kettalais.
- To Conduct and preach the salient features.
- To Provide Annadanam and extend help to the poor and needy people.
- To help in arrangement of Marriage of poor people.
- To undertake improvements, renovations, consecration, repairs and maintenance of SHRI MAHALAKSHMI SAMETHA SHRI MAHA VISHNU THIRUKOIL, and to maintain the same in good order.
- To preech the Hindu culture and tradition to all ranks of the people.
- To upgrade the day-to-day routines of the people through the religious activities.
- To root-out the communal differences among the public.
- To provide the basic amenities to the poor and downtrodden
- To bring a welcomable change in the society by giving spiritual thoughts.
- To wipe-out the innocence and ignorance of the village folks.
- To regulate the life-style of the youngsters.
- To bring peace and hormony among the people.
- To teach the spiritual education and moral values.
- To enrich the patriotic thoughts.
- To spread the goodness of Hinduism all over the world.
- To cultivate the human minds.
- To execute the religion related research activities.
- To form mental health-clubs.
- To establish meditation halls.
- To co-ordinate the like minded people in the religious activities. And the other functions which are related with the Hindu religion.
- Arrange holy trips, spiritual tours to various holy spots.
- To enrich the employability of youngsters.
4. SOURCES FOR THE TRUST:
The author hereby set apart a corpus for the object of the trust which will be reserved for the sustenance of the trust.
The author in order to augment funds for the objects stated above empowers the Board of trudtees to receive donation, gifts, voluntary contribution, grant in aid, assistance from the donors either towards corpus or for the revenue expenditure for the religious, educational & charitable purposes as contemplated in the object clause from all i.e. Individual, Government, Institutional donors either in India or Abroad for the furtherance of the objects as specified in the object clause.
5. APPLICATION OF INCOME:
a) The income and funds of the trust will solely be utilized towards the objects & no portion of it will be utilized for payment to the author, trustees, members of the committee, office bearers by way of profits dividends, interest, bonus etc., or otherwise.
b) Corpus Fund or Capital Fund or Earmarked fund shall be invested in such manner as prescribed under section 11 (5) of the Income Tax Act 1961 till the fund is defrayed for capotal or revenue expenditure for the maintenance and sustenance of the objects for which the fund is created.
c) Where the income of the relevant year is not applied for religious, educational & charitable purposes the trust may accumulate or set apart either the whole or part of its income for future application for the purpose of the trust by comply the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The management of the affairs of the trust shall vest in a board of trustees. The board shall have all the powers incidental to and necessary for carrying out the administration and management of the trust having regard to the objects and purposes thereof.
7.POWER OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES:
The Board of Trustees have the following Powers:
- To receive donation.
- To apply the income
- To accumulate the income and corpus.
- To engage personnel.
- To sue, defend suits and compromise.
- To invest, reinvest or change the nature of trust funds.
- To borrow funds.
- To sign, authorize, execute any documents, agreement, covenants etc.,
- To form any committee.
The Board shall not sell ot disose or alienate the properties of the Trust. However in furtherance of the Objects, the Board may sell the property and this can be resorted to only with the written approval of the Author/Settlor of the Trust.
All these powers shall be well within the ambit of the objects of the trust hereby created.
The board shall act according to the directions, instructions, commands, guidelines as may be specified by the advisory committee as may be formed by the Board from time to time.
8. DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
The board of Trustees have the duty:
- To conduct meetions once in 3 months and to trame rules and regulations for the conduction of meeting.
- To maintain proper accounts.
- To represent before the Government, Government bodies, financial institutions, funding agency etc.,
- To organize advisory committee meeting.
- To preserve documents, accounts, title deeds, vouchers etc.,
- To keep proper minutes of the proceedings of the Board and advisory board and resolutions carried in the meetings.
Bank account can be opened in the name of the trust in any of the Nationalized, Scheduled, Co-Operative, Regional Rural Banks, MNC or other banks of Financial Institutions as the Board of Trustees decide from time to time. The said account shall be solely operated by the Managing Trustee of the Trust for and on Behalf of the trust.
10. ACCOUNTING YEAR,ACCOUNT AND AUDIT:
The accounts of the trust shall be regularly maintained every year and the accounts shall be closed by 31st March and the same shall be audited by a qualified chartered accountant.
11.ADVISORY BODY AND COMMITTEE:
The Board may constitute any finance committees entrusting the function of raising funds for the trust or other committee for any specified purpose. The members of the financial committee and other committee shall hold their office for a period of 3 years or a lesser tenure as may be fixed by the Board and subsequent committee shall be composed and constituted by the board.
The board may frame ruled, by laws or regulations regarding the appointment of committees, sub-committees and their obligations, meeting, quorum, notice, responsibilities, duties and other matters connected with the committee.
The investment of the funds of the trust shall be in accordance with provisions of section 11(5) read with Section 13(1) (d) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The benefits of the trust are open to all, irrespective of Caste, Religion, Sex,etc.,
The income and funds of the trust will solely be utilized towards the objects and no portion of it will be utilized for payment to the author, trustees, committee members by way of profit, dividend, interest etc.,
The Board by passing a resolution in the Board meeting authorize Managing trustee to amend the Trust Deed subject to the following covenants:
- The amendment of the trust will be carried out only with the prior approval of the Commissioner of Income Tax Madurai.
- The amendment would not extend to alter the basic character or objects of the trust and further no such amendments which may prove to be repugnant of sections 2(15),11,and 13and 80G of the Income Tax Act shall be made.
16. DURATION OF THE TRUST:
The trust hereby formed shall be irrevocable.
The objects, activities of the trust shall be carried out only in India without any profit motive.
18. NEW TRUSTEE:
The Trustees hereby appointed in the Board are life trustees and in the event of any vacancy by resignation or otherwise new trustee shall be appointed either by the author or by the consent of all the members of the Board.
19. DISSOLUTION OF WINDING UP:
In the event of dissolution or winding up of the trust, the assets remaining as on the date of dissolution shall not under the circumstances be distributed among the author, trustees, committee members but the same shall be transferred to another trust whose objects are similar to those of this trust and which enjoys recognition under section 80 G of the Income Tax Act. i.e the assets/liabilities will be transferred to a trust not only having similar objects but also enjoying exemption u/s 80G of the I.T. Act at the time of transfer.
The trust shall under no circumstances fo or venture into any business directly or indirectly and as such the question of maintenance of separate books of account, complaince of the provisions of section 11(4) and proviso to section 80G(5)(i) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 does not arise.
The intial amount settled upon the trustee is Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) on which the stamp duty has been paid. At present the trust has no other property except the nucleus amount of Rs.1000/-. In witness whereof the Founder and the Author of the Trust has executed this declaration of trust, the day and month and year first above written in the Sub Registrar’s Office Melaneelithanallur, Sankarankovil (Taluk)
1. Intend to register this Deed in the sub Registrar’s Office Melaneelithanallur, Sankarankovil (Taluk).